Community Development through Polytechnics (CDTP)
Community Development through Polytechnic is a Scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India. This Scheme was started in this Polytechnic in the year 2009. Since then this institute have trained number of people in various areas. Under this Scheme skill development training is provided in non-formal sector to various sections of community mainly the rural, unorganized and underprivileged sections.
Main objectives of the Scheme are:
- To carry out Need Assessment Surveys to assess the technology and Training needs;
- To impart Skill Development Training to the intended groups;
- To disseminate Appropriate Technologies for productivity enhancement;
- To provide Technical and Support Services to rural masses and slums dwellers;
- To create Awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues of importance.